Part-time position, responsible to Stage Manager, Music Director, and Operations Manager
Assisting the Stage Management team in all duties necessary for rehearsals and performances. Not all concert series will require a Backstage Crew Member. This position is intended for supplemental help for complex stage set ups, stage transitions and traveling.
Report to the Stage Management team to learn where assistance is needed. This will be during a dress rehearsal or pre-show meeting.
Job Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure risers erected and correct number of chairs and stands in proper place at least 30 minutes before rehearsal/concert time. Remain at rehearsal/concert location until end of rehearsal unless SM has instructed otherwise.
- Be sure that security is observed in orchestra warm-up rooms on nights of concerts.
- Assist in loading/unloading and driving moving truck to Medford and Grants Pass venues.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hall scheduling and maintenance personnel in orchestra’s performing venues.
- Have coffee and snacks ready for musicians at rehearsal intermissions.
- Make sure water is placed in soloist dressing rooms for concerts.
Other duties as requested by the Stage Management Team, Executive Director or Music Director.
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
The Rogue Valley Symphony holds auditions each spring and sometimes in the fall to fill vacancies in the orchestra and to update its pool of substitute/extra musicians. Check this page for current openings, audition dates, repertoire, and other pertinent information. To be considered as an audition candidate, please submit a one-page resume outlining your relevant performing experience and educational background to Bruce Dresser, orchestra personnel manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2018 – We will be auditioning for the following positions: Principal Second Violin, Section Violin, Section Viola, Section Cello, Third Trumpet, and Percussion. The concertmaster audition will be held Sunday, April 15th at the SOU music building, room 220. Auditions for all other positions will be held Saturday, June 2nd, at the SOU Music Recital Hall in Ashland.
To download audition information and excerpts, click on the applicable links below.