The SOU Music Recital Hall has been acclaimed as being one of the best recital and chamber music venues in the Pacific Northwest. It is located in the SOU Music Building on Mountain Ave. with a large parking lot available across the street. Located in the center of Ashland on the Southern Oregon University Campus it is an easy walk from almost anywhere in Ashland and a short drive from most of the Rogue Valley. The hall is small and intimate, seating 436 people.
2021/2022 COVID-19 Guidance:
What you need to know for performances in Ashland, in accordance with policies laid down by RVS & SOU as of September 7th, 2021.
- All attending patrons, performers, and staff are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination completed at least two weeks prior to a performance to Box Office Staff, and if no such proof is provided prior to the concert date, said attendees will not be allowed to enter the recital hall.
- The October and November concerts will be performed with no intermission.
- There will be no refreshments served before, during, or after the concert.
- Masks will be required to be worn by patrons and staff while in the building, including during the performance.
- We will be providing an opportunity for patrons to socially distance themselves during the curtain speech, but as of right now distancing is not a requirement.
- We are not selling single tickets to concerts this fall, and the best way to secure your seat would be to purchase a season subscription.
- These requirements are subject to change, and we will keep Ashland subscribers up to date as we receive new or changing information. If you have any questions or concerns, or want the most up to date information, please feel free to contact us.
Rogue Valley Symphony has decided on this as our policy with our hearts and minds toward keeping all of our patrons, many of whom are seniors and/or immuno-compromised, safe. Please do what you think is best for your safety and comfort, and know that you have our thanks for remaining steadfast over the last year, and into the future.
Like what you see? Check out our concerts!
450 S Mountain Ave
Ashland, OR 97520
From I -5 north:
Take exit 19, and go west on Valley View Rd.
Turn left at the light onto Hwy 99, heading to downtown Ashland.
Hwy 99 will become North Main. Continue on Main Street through downtown Ashland.
Main Street will become Siskiyou Blvd at the end of downtown. Continue south on Siskiyou Blvd.
Turn right on Mountain Ave (approximately 1 ½ miles from downtown Ashland).
The SOU Music Building is the third building on the left.
From I-5 South:
Take exit 14, and go west on Hwy 66. Continue on 66 until it meets Siskiyou Blvd.
Bear right onto Siskiyou Blvd.
Continue on Siskiyou Blvd to Mountain Ave.
Turn left onto Mountain Ave.
The SOU Music building is the third building on the left.
There is a large parking lot across the street on Mountain, as well as parking on the street around the University.
Interactive Map of SOU